Monday, November 30, 2009

Board No. 119 - Christmas Tradition

This week marks the famed Rockefeller tree lighting as well as many others around the world, and that doesn't discount the thousands and thousands of people who light their homes in holiday spirit. Even though I'm Jewish, I just love all the holiday decorations this time of year, especially lights people put in trees. (Just like the abstract print at right by Etsy artist TRMACKSTUDIO.) Living in the city for nearly five years now (Fun fact: I actually moved into the District on Christmas Day), I miss a lot of the outdoor decorations you expect to see in the suburbs -- renters and condo owners just don't celebrate in the same over-the-top, blow-the-electric-bill way.

Anyway, here's my way of decorating my home away from home, my blog page. I am doing a pretty extensive series of themed holiday decor -- mostly Christmas, but will include other seasonal festivities as well. The first: traditional...

Top row: Peach Nutcracker Constable from KnockKnocking; Candy Cane Stripe Stocking from elizabethburritt; Shimmering Snow Covered Pine Cone Ornaments from BBsForBabies
Middle row: Top Hat Snowman from lindasilverthorne; Christmas Lights Ornament Set from merritthyde; Ornament Wreath from wreaths4allseasons
Bottom row: Jingle All the Way Ornament from palomasnest; Swirls and Flowers Ornament from ornamentsbydeb;
Gingerbread Man Felt Christmas Ornament from OhByJingo

1 comment:

  1. You make wonderful moodboards! I know the Treasury is hard to get into :) But this is fun too.

    ReplyDelete